Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Coupons

Okay, the craziest thing happened to me last week. I saw a piece on CNN about this lady called the Coupon Mom. She collects coupons and saves big at the grocery store. I thought it was a bunch of bologna at first, but I logged on to her site http://www.couponmom.com/ and what do you know? To my surprise there were a million coupons there....and they are for all the things that i buy.
I discovered that I could download coupons electronically to my Kroger card or print coupons out for the things that were on my list and find out where the sales were and when stores have those elusive double/triple coupon days.
So I remembered this when I was writing my grocery list out this morning. So I went on line and researched a little more, I printed out coupons and downloaded a few to my Kroger card. Here's the big win....I bought $152.00 dollars worth of groceries, and after coupons, I paid just $84.18. Not kidding! I was so happy I almost cried. I felt like I had stumbled upon a great secret. The cashier looked at me and said you saved $67.82. I said, Are you kidding? She said, there are a few people who come in here and save a lot when they shop smart and use coupons.....I thought saving 12 bucks was good, that happened to me once a few years ago. But $67.82? Hot Diggety Dog!!!
I must share this information with you. With careful searching on this site http://www.couponmom.com/ you too can save, save, save.
The coupon Mom says within a few months time one can collect enough coupons to safe really big. So, I guess this is my new obsession.... Hope you join in the fun and worthy while savings!

No comments: