Monday, August 9, 2010

Todays events 8/9/10


I realized today that giving of my time and helping others gives me more than I could ever have imagined. I was giving an interview for a local newspaper today and as I was answering questions & describing what The Cause is all about and why I do what I do. At one point I became glossy eyed and overwhelmed with emotion.  I silently thought...What has happened to me? I used to be so tuff! 
I used to pride myself on never crying... I felt a little unprofessional.

After the interview was over, I remembered the times in my life when all I thought about was myself and what I wanted and how I was going to get it. Times when I was so self absorbed and talked about myself ALL the time. I believe I judged others that were not thinking like me.........Something happened during the course of my getting it together, getting this organization together. My heart grew... like the Grinch...

What I get from helping others is indescribable. The donation of my time is healing me.
Help someone today and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Let This Circle Be Unbroken -
G.L. Gagne'

No comments: